Grand Hotel ở Montreux nhìn ra hồ Genève
đi shopping nhưng ngắm thôi
café terrace nhìn ra hồ
đi vignoble Lavaux Unesco
The new and unique center in the heart of the terraced vineyards of Lavaux (named World Heritage Site by UNESCO) is entirely dedicated to vines and wine.
The complex built next to Lake Geneva has been designed for optimal integration into the sublime panorama. The highlight of Vinorama is an audiovisual show available in eight languages and covering a full year in a local vintner family's life. This document explains the rhythm of vine, reveals the secrets of oenology and presents the unique features of the Lavaux terraced vineyard.
Neophytes and connoisseurs can subsequently apply this theoretical knowledge to more practical matters: several hundred wines can be tasted and bought on site.
Neophytes and connoisseurs can subsequently apply this theoretical knowledge to more practical matters: several hundred wines can be tasted and bought on site.
Nhìn kỹ thấy Đoan và TL chỉ là 2 chấm hồng xanh nhỏ trong vườn nho
Hồ Genève và rặng núi Alpes
Hồ Genève và rặng Alpes nhìn từ Lavaux
Lavaux, Vineyard Terraces
ruộng nho từng tầng ở Lavaux là di sản thế giới Unesco (2007)
Lavaux là một khu vực ở huyện Lavaux-Oron bang Vaud, miền Tây của Thụy Sĩ.. Mặc dù có một số bằng chứng cho thấy những cây nho được trồng trong khu vực này có từ thời La Mã, thực tế là các cây nho trên những thửa ruộng bâc thang này được trồng trở lại vào thế kỷ 11. Các ruộng bậc thang nho ở Lavaux có diện tích 830 ha, trải dài khoảng 30 km dọc theo bờ phía bắc của hồ Genève. Khu vực có khí hậu ôn hòa với các giống nho rượu vang chính được trồng ở đây là Chasselas.
Hình ảnh[sửa | sửa mã nguồn]
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Lavaux, Vineyard Terraces|
|Name as inscribed on the World Heritage List|
|Criteria||III, IV, V|
|UNESCO region||Europe and North America|
|Inscription||2007 (31st Session)|
The Lavaux is a region in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland, in the district of Lavaux-Oron. The Lavaux consist of 830 hectares of terraced wineyards that stretch for about 30 km along the south-facing northern shores of Lake Geneva.
Although there is some evidence that vines were grown in the area in Roman times, the actual vine terraces can be traced back to the 11th century, when Benedictine and Cistercian monasteries controlled the area. It benefits from a temperate climate, but the southern aspect of the terraces with the reflection of the sun in the lake and the stone walls gives a mediterranean character to the region. The main wine grapevariety grown here is the Chasselas.
World Heritage site
Under cantonal law, the vineyards of the Lavaux are protected from development. Since July 2007, the Lavaux is one of theUNESCO World Heritage Sites.
There are many hikes possibles through the Lavaux vineyards. There is a hiking trail ("Terrasses de Lavaux"), going from Saint-Saphorin to Lutry, recommended by the Tourism Office of Switzerland.
In 1977, the voters of the Canton of Vaud accepted (54.95%) the cantonal popular initiative "Save Lavaux". Consequently, in 1979, a law in made to protect Lavaux (Loi sur le plan de protection de Lavaux).
In 2003, the new constitution of the Canton of Vaud came into force but did not contain the article about the protection of Lavaux. So a second popular initiative "Save Lavaux" was launched to re-introduce it; it was accepted in 2005 by 80.98% of voters.
In 2009, Franz Weber launched a third initiative "Save Lavaux" to reduce the possibilities to build new buildings in Lavaux, which was rejected on May 19th 2014 by 68.09% of voters.
Influences and tributes
- Lavaux is the name of a song by Prince, on his album 20Ten.
- In 2011, the Swiss Post edited three special stamps dedicated to the region of Lavaux.
Notes and references
- Three special stamps for the Lavaux region, Swiss Post, press release dated 6 September 2011 (page visited on 13 April 2013).
- « Lavaux », three special stamps, Swiss Post (page visited on 13 April 2013).
- Lavaux Vineyard Terraces: The Swiss Wine Route, www.myswitzerland.com (page visited on 10 August 2013).
- The songs begin with "Take me to the vineyards of Lavaux [...]".
- http://www.20min.ch/ro/entertainment/people/story/31041863(page visited on 10 August 2013).
- Trois timbres-poste spéciaux pour la région de Lavaux,www.poste.ch (page visited on 10 August 2013).
- Lavaux special stamps (page visited on 10 August 2013).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lavaux.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lavaux Vineyard Terraces.|
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Total||113.71 km2 (43.90 sq mi)|
|Elevation||958 m (3,143 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2013)|
|• Density||30/km2 (76/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Charmey (FR), Grandvillard(FR), Gsteig bei Gstaad (BE),Haut-Intyamon (FR), Ormont-Dessous, Ormont-Dessus,Rossinière, Rougemont, Saanen(BE), Villeneuve|
Profile (French), SFSO statistics
Château-d'Œx is a municipality in the canton of Vaud in Switzerland. It is in the district of Riviera-Pays-d'Enhaut.
Château-d'Œx is first mentioned in 1115 as Oit, Oyz, Oix and Oyez.
During the late Paleolithic and Mesolithic (9500 to at least 6000 BC) caves around Château-d'Œx served as a seasonal settlement. Bronze Age knives indicate that there was a settlement during that era as well. Many of the local names (combe = valley, joeur = forest, man= rock)and the local dialect are the only traces of a Celticsettlement in the area. The lack of iron ore and the sparseness of the soil probably prevented the romanization of lowland valleys. During the Gallo-Roman era, the region may have been only sparsely populated. By the 10th Century, the Alamannic settlements had only reached Le Vanel but then spread even higher and reached the pastures in L'Etivaz in the southern part of the municipality. The valley was known as the high Gau or Ogo. The name may have come from the word for Ox or be a form of Äesch, (or ash).
In the 10th Century, the Count of Gruyere conquered La Tine and the Creux de l'Enfer. Subsequently it was merged with Rossinière to form a district. The church of St. Donat was consecrated and first mentioned in 1175. The village church was under the authority of the Cluniac Priory of Rougemont, which was founded in 1080.
At the beginning of the 14th Century, the castle at La Motte was rebuilt for the Counts of Gruyere. Another stronghold probably stood on the rocky spur which was known as Château Cottier. After clearing the woods, the region was intensively farmed and produced barley, hay, hemp and cheese. In 1388 the villagers threw off the obligation to serve the nobility. Then, in 1403, against the wishes of the Count of Gruyères, the villagers joined a limited alliance with Bern.
Growth during the Early Modern era
In 1555 Bern received the upper part of the county of Gruyere including Château-d'Œx. It became part of the German-speaking bailiwick of Saanen. The rights and freedoms of the villagers were now based on Bernese law and not on the Land Law of Moudon. However, the village church was still part of the parish under the collegiate church of Lausanne. Following the Protestant Reformation in 1555, the parish also included Etivaz until 1713.
Under Bernese rule, the economy experienced a strong upswing. The common land was divided and sold before the end of the 16th Century. The alpine pastures were leased to private cheese makers, who there produced Gruyère cheese. In the 18th Century, the inhabitants of the municipality went over the Col de Jaman to sold the cheese, from the approximately 2,000 cows, at the market in Vevey. From there it went to Marseille where it was exported to Asia and America.
End of the Ancien Regime and Modern Château-d'Œx
In 1798, Château-d'Œx came to the newly formed Canton of Léman. In 1800, a fire destroyed the wooden houses on the central hill. The houses had been built in this style and on the hill to avoid property taxes. Thanks to the efforts of the DeanPhilippe-Sirice Bridel enough money was raised to rebuild the houses in stone. The municipality hired masons from Savoy, carpenters from Simmental and plasterers from the lower Gruyere lands lower uplands. In 1803, the Canton of Léman was dissolved with the Act of Mediation and the municipality became part of the new canton of Vaud.
In 1849, the Institute Henchoz opened as a preparatory gymnasium, which replaced the older Latin school. The primary school received a new building in 1907. Starting in 1847 a parish of the Free Church of the Canton of Vaud was established with two priests. The Catholic parish was established in 1896 and the Anglican church parish was created in 1899. Other religious communities, such as the Plymouth Brethren, established churches in the valley.
In the 19th Century, the municipality suffered several outbreaks of livestock diseases. To protect the dairy industry, non-local herds were forbidden from passing through the municipality. Cheese was no longer allowed to be carried across the mountains but was now transported on local draft horses. Due to customs taxes with the neighboring Canton of Fribourg, cheese was carried on a route over the Col de Chaude to Villeneuve (VD) and from there to the shores of Lake Geneva, without crossing the Fribourg border. The abolition of the inter-canton customs and taxes in 1848 led to the demolition of the Fribourg customs station on the main road that had linked Château-d'Œx with the grain and livestock markets. Changes in markets and improvements in animal husbandry led to more Simmental cattle being raised for meat rather than cheese production. The construction of the road over the Col des Mosses (1865–71) and the construction of a new road to Bulle (1895) eased transportation.
The hospital, which had replaced the old hospital in 1926, was remodeled in 1979 into a nursing home and district hospital. At the same time, solar heating was added to the building. The municipal administration building was built in 1912, and renovated in 1958. The Musée du Vieux Pays-d'Enhaut was built in 1922.
Until 1953 the Liberal party (PLS) and the Parti radical-démocratique suisse (PRD) were separate parties that each published their own newspaper. The PRD paper "Le Progrès", however merged in 1940 into the (PLS), "Journal de Château-d'Œx", which became in 1989 the "Journal du Pays d'Enhaut". The socialist and agrarian parties were not represented in the local parliament until 1957 when proportional representation was introduced.
A power plant operated in La Chaudanne was from 1894 until about 1901. The opening of the Montreux-Oberland Bernois Railway (MOB) in 1904 made Château-d'Œx an attractive summer resort. It was particularly appreciated by English tourists. Between 1916-18 it also housed English internees during the war. Half a dozen grand hotels with tennis courts sprang up in the municipality. A tennis club was founded in 1894. Other infrastructure included the suspension bridge at Turrian (1883), a swimming pool and a campsite (1932), a cable car (1945) and the Pont du Berceau (1945). The agricultural sector has remained important, with the emphasis again shifting to cheese. In the 20th Century, winter tourism became an important additional source of income. Hot air balloons and river rafting became common in the summer, while local crafts, sawmills and gravel mining are the main branches of the industrial sector. Since 1945, the area around Pierreuse has been a protected heritage site.
Château-d'Œx has an area, as of 2009, of 113.7 square kilometers (43.9 sq mi). Of this area, 50.67 km2 (19.56 sq mi) or 44.6% is used for agricultural purposes, while 40.8 km2 (15.8 sq mi) or 35.9% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 3.29 km2(1.27 sq mi) or 2.9% is settled (buildings or roads), 1.11 km2 (0.43 sq mi) or 1.0% is either rivers or lakes and 17.74 km2(6.85 sq mi) or 15.6% is unproductive land.
Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 1.3% and transportation infrastructure made up 1.2%. Out of the forested land, 30.0% of the total land area is heavily forested and 3.8% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 0.1% is used for growing crops and 10.5% is pastures and 34.0% is used for alpine pastures. Of the water in the municipality, 0.4% is in lakes and 0.6% is in rivers and streams. Of the unproductive areas, 9.3% is unproductive vegetation and 6.3% is too rocky for vegetation.
The municipality was part of the Pays-d'Enhaut District until it was dissolved on 31 August 2006, and Château-d'Œx became part of the new district of Riviera-Pays-d'Enhaut.
The municipality is the largest in land area in the canton. It is located in the upper Saane valley. In the 14th to 18th Centuries, the seven établées of Sous le Scex, Mont, Village, Frasse, Entre deux Eaux, Monteiller and L'Etivaz merged into the municipality. It consists of the villages of Château-d'Œx, L'Etivaz, Les Moulins and Les Granges, 35 hamlets and 22 alpine herding camps.
Coat of arms
The blazon of the municipal coat of arms is Gules, a tower embattled Or, a wall embattled of the same in the dexter, surmounted by a crane Argent
Château-d'Œx has a population (as of December 2013) of 3,358. As of 2008, 19.1% of the population are resident foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1999–2009 ) the population has changed at a rate of 5%. It has changed at a rate of 8.8% due to migration and at a rate of -3.6% due to births and deaths.
Most of the population (as of 2000) speaks French (2,611 or 88.5%), with German being second most common (105 or 3.6%) and English being third (71 or 2.4%). There are 19 people who speak Italian.
The age distribution of the population (as of 2000) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 23.9% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 54.6% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 21.5%.
As of 2000, there were 1,140 people who were single and never married in the municipality. There were 1,422 married individuals, 227 widows or widowers and 160 individuals who are divorced.
As of 2000, there were 1,350 private households in the municipality, and an average of 2.1 persons per household. There were 550 households that consist of only one person and 92 households with five or more people. Out of a total of 1,381 households that answered this question, 39.8% were households made up of just one person and there were 11 adults who lived with their parents. Of the rest of the households, there are 363 married couples without children, 340 married couples with children There were 66 single parents with a child or children. There were 20 households that were made up of unrelated people and 31 households that were made up of some sort of institution or another collective housing.
In 2000 there were 608 single family homes (or 47.8% of the total) out of a total of 1,271 inhabited buildings. There were 342 multi-family buildings (26.9%), along with 217 multi-purpose buildings that were mostly used for housing (17.1%) and 104 other use buildings (commercial or industrial) that also had some housing (8.2%).
In 2000, a total of 1,302 apartments (57.5% of the total) were permanently occupied, while 871 apartments (38.5%) were seasonally occupied and 90 apartments (4.0%) were empty. As of 2009, the construction rate of new housing units was 6.6 new units per 1000 residents. The vacancy rate for the municipality, in 2010, was 1.54%.
Heritage sites of national significance
The Les Ciernes-Picat, a mesolithic shelter, is listed as a Swiss heritage site of national significance. The entire hamlet of l’Etivaz is part of the Inventory of Swiss Heritage Sites.
The world famous "Balloon Week" has been held each year since 1979 in the last week of January. Up to 100 balloonists gather for the festival each year. The Breitling Orbiter 3, the first hot air balloon to circumnavigate the earth, took off from Château-d'Œx on 1 March 1999. Commemorative insignia (pins) are created for each festival and are sold as pass-tickets to the museum and sportive manifestations for the whole duration of it.
A museum dedicated to Montgolfier type balloons is located in the center of the town.
The popular annual Le Bois qui Chante music festival is held every year in the month of October.
In the 2007 federal election the most popular party was the SVP which received 32.23% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the FDP (18.37%), the SP (16.21%) and the LPS Party (14.68%). In the federal election, a total of 854 votes were cast, and the voter turnout was 41.6%.
As of 2010, Château-d'Œx had an unemployment rate of 2.3%. As of 2008, there were 234 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 97 businesses involved in this sector. 252 people were employed in the secondary sector and there were 54 businesses in this sector. 1,012 people were employed in the tertiary sector, with 173 businesses in this sector. There were 1,372 residents of the municipality who were employed in some capacity, of which females made up 43.5% of the workforce.
In 2008 the total number of full-time equivalent jobs was 1,196. The number of jobs in the primary sector was 169, all of which were in agriculture. The number of jobs in the secondary sector was 232 of which 60 or (25.9%) were in manufacturing and 156 (67.2%) were in construction. The number of jobs in the tertiary sector was 795. In the tertiary sector; 191 or 24.0% were in wholesale or retail sales or the repair of motor vehicles, 50 or 6.3% were in the movement and storage of goods, 116 or 14.6% were in a hotel or restaurant, 15 or 1.9% were the insurance or financial industry, 46 or 5.8% were technical professionals or scientists, 42 or 5.3% were in education and 198 or 24.9% were in health care.
In 2000, there were 238 workers who commuted into the municipality and 266 workers who commuted away. The municipality is a net exporter of workers, with about 1.1 workers leaving the municipality for every one entering. Of the working population, 5.5% used public transportation to get to work, and 53.3% used a private car.
From the 2000 census, 527 or 17.9% were Roman Catholic, while 1,746 or 59.2% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there were 12 members of an Orthodox church (or about 0.41% of the population), there was 1 individual who belongs to the Christian Catholic Church, and there were 363 individuals (or about 12.31% of the population) who belonged to another Christian church. There were 9 individuals (or about 0.31% of the population) who wereJewish, and 89 (or about 3.02% of the population) who were Islamic. There were 2 individuals who were Buddhist and 9 individuals who were Hindu. 258 (or about 8.75% of the population) belonged to no church, are agnostic or atheist, and 110 individuals (or about 3.73% of the population) did not answer the question.
In Château-d'Œx about 986 or (33.4%) of the population have completed non-mandatory upper secondary education, and 299 or (10.1%) have completed additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the 299 who completed tertiary schooling, 45.5% were Swiss men, 30.4% were Swiss women, 13.0% were non-Swiss men and 11.0% were non-Swiss women.
As of 2000, there were 92 students in Château-d'Œx who came from another municipality, while 95 residents attended schools outside the municipality.
Skiing is a key activity in the area with the ski station of La Braye accessible via cable car (also open in Summer) from the heart of Château-d'Œx village. TheInternational Hot-Air Balloon Festival in Château-d'Oex is held every year in January, since 1979.
1922 and 1924, the Hockey Club Chateau d'Œx was Swiss champion in its ranks with a local international player in the person of Mr. Edouard Mottier who participated in the 1924 Olympic Games in Chamonix.
1956 Madeleine Berthod won the downhill woman Olympics in Cortina d'Ampezzo (Italy).
1997 Mountain bike World Championships held in Chateau d'Œx.
1999 Bertrand Piccard and Brian Jones took off 1 March in Chateau d'Œx and make the first non stop round the world with a Rozière balloon, landing 21 March in Egypt after 20 days and 40,805 km (25,355 mi).
2011 Mike Aigroz native of Chateau d'Œx distinguished himself at the legendary Ironman in Hawaii. This 33 year old made finished the entire 3.8 km (2.4 mi) swimming, 180 km (110 mi) cycling and 42.195 km (26.219 mi) of running in 8 hours 21 minutes 7 seconds for a 6th place finish.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German)accessed 18 August 2014
- Château-d'Oex in German, French and Italian in the onlineHistorical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office-Land Use Statistics 2009 data (German)accessed 25 March 2010
- Nomenklaturen – Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz (German)accessed 4 April 2011
- Flags of the World.com accessed 9 August 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Superweb database - Gemeinde Statistics 1981-2008 (German) accessed 19 June 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 9 August 2011
- STAT-TAB Datenwürfel für Thema 40.3 - 2000 (German) accessed 2 February 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB - Datenwürfel für Thema 09.2 - Gebäude und Wohnungen (German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Bevölkerungsentwicklung nach Region, 1850-2000 (German) accessed 29 January 2011
- "Kantonsliste A-Objekte". KGS Inventar (in German). Federal Office of Civil Protection. 2009. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office, Nationalratswahlen 2007: Stärke der Parteien und Wahlbeteiligung, nach Gemeinden/Bezirk/Canton (German) accessed 28 May 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office STAT-TAB Betriebszählung: Arbeitsstätten nach Gemeinde und NOGA 2008 (Abschnitte), Sektoren 1-3 (German) accessed 28 January 2011
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Statweb (German) accessed 24 June 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Château-d’Œx.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Château-d’Œx.|
- Château-d'Œx & Pays-d'Enhaut Tourist Office.
- WikidOex ~ News and views from Château-d'Œx
- Balloon Museum Château-d'Œx